Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Gadget w00ts and woes

I got a cute bluetooth hands-free kit for my phone. Seeing as I'm in the car at least 2 hours out of my day - this counts as a necessity. It's very cute - and sounds very clear to the number of people I tested it on by phoning them from the car today! It has a little blue flashing light - and, most importantly, doesn't hurt my ear like the other one did. My boss feels that great excitement over a cool new cell phone accessory makes me a gadget-y person. Oh so wrong!

I am but an amateur when it comes to gadgets. Witness my complete inability to get the wireless router in the office to talk to the wireless RFID reader. Witness my lack of ability to load my robot compiler on to my Linux box!

I do, however, have a compelling technical reason for the lack of instant interoperability and connectivity heaven...... some days, machines just don't love me!

No comments: