Thursday, December 21, 2006

ow, ow, ow.

It should be ho! ho! ho! - but I am sitting at my desk with a monstrous headache, unable to take anything more exciting than panado. My total abject failure to wean my daughter has some downsides - like the fact that the sight of two panados is enough to just about make me weep with relief. So I've started a really really long uninteractive process on my pc, and now don't need to concentrate on anything for a couple of hours.

Last night I was thinking about movie love / sex scenes, and how, after contortions I could probably never force my fairly unsupple body into, gorgeous women rise and waft gracefully across a room to gaze out of windows, artfully silhouetted in angsty monochrome, or langorously dress themselves again in their drop-dead gorgeous movie-scene clothes. Anyway, I was thinking about this because I have dodgy hips - if I sit still for too long or stay in a wierd position for any length of time my hips "go out" - as in, seize up horribly and painfully, forcing me to emulate a cross between the hunchback of notre dame and Forest Gump (pre the Run Forest! Run! scene). The upshot being that if I was ever in a sumptuous movie sex scene, I would, post-action, have to lurch horribly across the floor - grunting ouch! ouch! ouch! - in an attempt to unlock my dodgy hips, while my hapless companion, whoever he / she happened to be, either ran screaming for the door in horror, or collapsed in helpless cruel laughter - destroying any hope of afterglow, save that related to the twinkling lights caused by me cracking my head on a doorpost in mid-lurch.

I thought all this, you understand, apropos of nothing at all.

No comments: